Job Interview Tips for Career Success
Here's where you'll find tons of job interview tips for healthcare job interviewing success.
It’s a tough job market out there today. And getting the healthcare job you want requires more than just a killer resume. In other words, you can't just sell yourself on paper. You've also got to be able to do it in person—in a face-to-face job interview.
Here are my top 10 interview tips to help you make a great impression on the person who interviews you.
- Market your skills and related experience in the field that you are applying for if you can. Be sure to do it in a way that is positive, but not cocky or aggressive.
- Research the organization before your interview. It's a great way to know where you would fit into the organization. It also lets the employer know that you really want to be a part of the company.
- Prepare answers to common job interview questions ahead of time, and practice saying them, so you aren't stumped during the interview.
- Dress for success, in the manner you would dress for the position you're applying for.
- Bring a list of your own questions with you in a folder with the company's name on it, so that you don't forget them. You should keep your extra resumes in there too.
- Be a good listener and focus. Some job seekers talk too much during interviews.
- Be prepared to describe your weaknesses as strengths. For example, saying that you are overenthusiastic about performing at your best.
- Make eye contact with your interviewer.
- Don't volunteer your personal opinions to your interviewer about any subjects unless you are asked.
- Try to establish a good rapport with your interviewer. Be casual but professional, and most importantly BE YOURSELF!
Take the time to implement these job interview tips before you start your job hunt. It'll give you a leg up on your competition!
Pay Attention to the Do's & Don'ts of Job Interviews (Tips)
It's easy to go wrong in a job interview. But after investing all the effort into developing a resume and cover letter that gets you in the door for an interview, you don't want to blow it when you're finally face to face with the hiring manager, do you?
Don't worry; follow these few do's and don'ts of job interview tips and you'll be on your way to job interview success!
Things You Should Do In a Job Interview
- Arrive on time—or better yet—10 minutes early
- Refer to the interviewer by name
- Smile and use a firm handshake
- Be alert and act interested throughout
- Maintain eye contact at all times
- Make all comments in a positive manner
- Speak clearly, firmly, and with authority
- Accept any refreshment offered
- Promote your strengths
Things You Should NOT Do
- Be overly aggressive or egotistical
- Spend too much time talking about money
- Act uninterested in the company or the job
- Act defensively when questioned about anything
- Speak badly about past colleagues or employers
- Answer with only yes or no
- Excuse your bad points about work history
- Ask for coffee or refreshments
- Excuse yourself halfway through the interview, even if you have to use the bathroom
So, there you have it... follow these job interview tips for what to do and what not to do and you'll ace your next interview!
For more great job interview tips, feel free to visit my more general site at www.Your-Job-Interview-Advisor.com, where you'll also find tons of great answers to some of the most challenging job interview questions.
Acing the Interview
Why spend weeks fruitlessly searching for jobs when you can nail the job of your dreams as soon as your next interview?
Top of Job Interview Tips page