Why Resume Cover Letters Are an Essential Component of Your Job Search
If you don’t put almost as much time into your resume cover letters as you put into your resume, you’re missing the boat.
In other areas of this site, you’ve been reading how important it is in the job search to make yourself stand out via a top notch, killer resume. And that is extremely important. However...
Your resume should reach every prospective healthcare employer accompanied by a resume cover page or letter. And it is crucial that you NOT look upon the task of writing this letter as a mere formality.
If you send resume cover letters that say little more than the one pictured below, guess where your resume is going to end up? Yep, that’s right... File 13, the circular file, the trash, or at best, at the bottom of the heap of hundreds of resumes sent in answer to the associated health care job ad.
How NOT to Write a Cover Letter
Dear Hiring Manager,
Enclosed please find my resume in response to your advertisement for a customer service representative. Thanks in advance for your kind attention.
Send resume cover letters like that and you can be sure that your resume will get no attention. But there are some simple, concrete action steps you can take in writing a resume cover page that will virtually ensure that your resume IS noticed.
But, First, Let's Review...
Let's step back a minute and look at the steps to landing a healthcare job, once you've identified one that you want to pursue and written a great resume and cover letter.
- Mail, email, or fax the resume with the cover letter to the recruiter.
- The well-written resume cover page grabs the attention of the recruiter long enough that he or she takes the time to also read the attached resume.
- The killer resume presents a strong picture of your capabilities and potential and clarifies what the cover letter began to intimate that you could do for the organization.
- With the resume cover letter combination having made it clear how much you stand out above most of the other candidates, the recruiter can't wait to meet you and calls you to come in for an interview.
- You prepare for the interview, so when the time comes, you demonstrate that your resume and cover letter weren't just a spectacular piece of creative writing. On the contrary, you are THE best candidate for this job.
- You get the job offer!
See how easy it is, if you follow the step-by-step process?
What's that, you say? "But I don't know how to write such great resume cover letters? Where do I even begin?"
Not to worry...
Help Is On the Way!
I'll get you started on your quest to becoming a resume cover letters writing expert. Just grab yourself a coffee, soda pop, or other beverage of your choice, and take the time to read through some of the following articles on our sister site, www.Powerful-Sample-Resume-Formats.com. (NOTE: All pages open in a separate window, so you don't lose your place here on this site.)
So, are you ready to get started? Let's go! Get clicking to the resume cover letters of your dreams!
Top of Resume Cover Letters page